We have converted a stone-built barn and stable into a delightful three-bedroom, three-shower room gîte.
Half of the stone-built barn was once the original farm building, the oldest building on the site, and you can still see part of the old stone fireplace in what is now the kitchen, and the secondary door that was used by the animals.
While the buildings are old, the interior has been recently renovated to give you every modern comfort.
The three bedrooms – two twin and one double – each have their own shower room, sink and toilet, all with electric heating.
Downstairs there is a large, fully equipped kitchen-dining room plus a large bedroom/sitting room.
Upstairs there is a huge lounge and dining area, and two further bedrooms. The upstairs area gives you the benefit of both morning and evening sunshine, and is heated by electric heaters and a cast-iron wood-burning stove.
The gite is larger upstairs than downstairs. Separate from the gite but part of the L-shaped building downstairs is a storeroom.
- • bedroom one 6m x 3,5m (plus shower room), twin beds, double sofa-bed, shower & toilet
- • kitchen diner 5m x 4,5m, electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, large oak table with benches
- • boiler/store room, washing machine, iron & ironing board, hair dryer
- • lounge and dining area, 10,2m x 5m, wood burning stove, sofas, armchairs, hifi, dining table & chairs, dresser.
- • bedroom 5m x 5,5m (inc. shower room), double bed, shower and toilet
- • bedroom 3,5m x 4m (inc. shower room), twin beds, shower and toilet
- • guests have their own private fenced garden area with barbecue and garden furniture
- • you also have access to our 2 acres of land – some garden, some wooded, some field with sheep, chickens and a pond.
- • There are potentially dangerous things like tools, fencing etc in this larger area, so children must be supervised by an adult outside of the fenced gite garden.
- • the gite is child-friendly, with a stair-gate at the top of the stairs
- • there is a cot, with bedding available, for an infant up to about 2 years old
• there is a high chair and a baby bath in the gite
- • the large downstairs bed/sitting room & its slightly larger shower cubicle, may be suitable for someone with limited mobility, although the doors may not be wide enough for a wheelchair
- • The kitchen table is large enough for a group to eat together downstairs
- • Please note that there are three broad steps up to the gîte. These can be modified to six shallow steps, on request.
- • please note, there is no smoking permitted throughout the gite
- • we do not allow any pets in the gite
- • if we can offer any other information or help, please ask